Wednesday, April 13, 2011

American Idol - Music from the Movies

Jennifer is the Most Beautiful Woman in America, Pia was robbed, Paul McDonald - "Old Time Rock and Roll" He doesn't need to dance. Ever. Ever...Ever. Vocally okay, but not necessarily blowing away. Lauren Alaina - "The Climb" (and I love Will.I.Am. ) Beautiful job and I loved the colors in her voice, but I don't think she murdered this song as much as we wanted her to. It opened well and the promise was there, but she didn't have her moment with it. **Stefano Langone - "End of the Road" WHAT?!? You just stood up on that stage and went toe to toe with Boyz II Men and held your own!!! You go, boy!!!!!! Scotty McCreery - "I Crossed My Heart" Jack "Why doesn't someone take him aside and talk to him about the way he holds his mic?" He gave a really good performance and it was so totally in his wheelhouse, country radio should pick him up. **Casey Abrams - "Nature Boy" Wow! What a wonderful JAZZ performance! Natural! Smooth! Swagger! Amazing! Haley Reinhart - "Call Me" Here is where her youth gets in the way. Vocally, she has the chops, but the performance quality was awkward. She didn't connect to the lyric. She's a teen singing about being a slut and performing with her hair. **Jacob Lusk - "Bridge Over Troubled Water" He's got an amazing instrument. No doubt. I have the utmost respect for him. Some of the visual tics were subdued. Now, I pray he takes next week to surprise me. James Durbin - "Heavy Metal" w/Zac Wylde Stuck to his guns and woke the audience up! Not exactly a singer's song (there was a 20 second song break), but he did bring it. Top 2 Casey, Stefano, and Jacob Bottom 2 Haley and Paul America will probably vote Stefano out, but Paul needs to go.

No comments: