Wednesday, April 22, 2009

American Idol - Disco Week

Well...the trainwreck show was actually not this year as all the Idols pulled it out t show that they really can sing. This is a tough year at Idol because our Top 7 is really, really strong. So let's review...

Lil Rounds "I'm Every Woman"
This was a rockin' performance, but not vocally impressive or distinct. My issue was I knew that the judges were going to beat her up for it, and they did.

Kris Allen - "She Works Hard For The Money"
Wow! I loved it. I knew it was gonna be fresh and interesting and it was.

Danny Gokey - "September"
I always think he's good, but sometimes I forget just how good he is. It was a fantastic performance.

Allison Iraheta "Hot Stuff"
1st awkward moment of the night. Who told her to slow it down? Who told her to sing about wanting Hot Stuff? Ew. She has a great voice, but that may be the only thing that saves her.

Adam Lambert - "If I Can't Have You"
Another brilliant choice by the "judges' pick." Lovely, refined, different. Still want him to tone the screaming down.

Matt Giraud "Stayin' Alive"
Love his voice, but sometimes the vocal isn't as spot on as I'd like them to be.

Anoop Desai "Dim All the Lights"
Began well, then the tempo increased and became more karaoke. Sounded really good, but like Lil suffered because it wasn't a recreated song.

Bottom 3: Lil, Matt, Anoop

Bye Matt and Lil. Simon says you suck.

No comments: